This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
possible worm in cygwin
- From: Chris Faulkner <christopher dot faulkner at ntlworld dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:49:28 -0000
- Subject: possible worm in cygwin
- Organization: Oramap Ltd
- Reply-to: chrisf at oramap dot com
I've searched around for more about this but only found a message on comp.security.ssh which said it might be a false alarm but was not conclusive.
Whilst doing a Full SystemScan, I got a message from Norton Antivirus
"The file D:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll is infected with
the Backdoor.EggHead virus. Unable to repair this file."
Is this a false alarm ? Does anyone know anything about this ?
"Earn all you can. But not at the expense of conscience, not at the expense of our neighbour's wealth, not at the expense of our neighbour's health." John Wesley
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html