This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cvs -- carriage return problems with cygwin 1.3.9 and interaction with setup's text file default
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:43:30 -0500
- Subject: RE: cvs -- carriage return problems with cygwin 1.3.9 and interaction with setup's text file default
- References: <004601c1b5eb$bf171eb0$6400a8c0@JMG>
At 03:08 AM 2/15/2002, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > particularly
> > pointing out that some of the programs in the cygwin release will only work
> > in DOS text mode if they were ever installed in DOS Text mode and wrote any
> > files. It would also be helpful if there was a better explanation than what
> > I've found so far about the meaning of this setting in the setup dialogs.
> > What is actually changed by altering it?
>The default mount mode. I don't recall offhand if this gets reset every time
>you run it or not, I'm guessing yes. Regardless, you're right, I don't see
>anything in the FAQ about this at all (or actually the "Everyone/Just Me" one
>either) and there needs to be. We should also probably reconsider whether these
>need to even be there every time you run setup.
Describing the features and options of setup is better handled in the
documentation for setup rather than the general Cygwin FAQ, assuming that's
the FAQ you were suggesting.
Larry Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html