This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Process handle not closed when child process terminated
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:23:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: Process handle not closed when child process terminated
- References: <001001c1b8c7$41154440$0100a8c0@advent02>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:57:25PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
>If you launch a Cygwin program, such as bash that launches new processes,
>and then they terminate, the original process (e.g. bash) still holds an
>open handle for the terminated process. This handle never gets closed.
It does get closed eventually.
>Is this a minor bug or intentional behaviour?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html