This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Proposed patch for bash (completion spec problem related)
- From: AJ Reins <tbisp at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:06:36 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Proposed patch for bash (completion spec problem related)
Possible patch for bash to fix the problem noticed by Jason Tishler in msg:
--- subst.c.old Mon Nov 5 07:19:50 2001
+++ subst.c Mon Feb 18 16:58:50 2002
@@ -1339,7 +1339,7 @@
i = te /* + member (string[te], d) */;
- while (member (string[i], d) && whitespace(string[i]))
+ while (member (string[i], d)/* && whitespace(string[i])*/)
If you are curious, it was stepping to the end of the first word in the string, and then
getting stuck on the newline character until everything falls apart around its ears.
At this point d(a character pointer variable) points at <space><tab><newline> and
string[i] is a <newline> while the macro whitespace only returns true if the character
is space or tab. OOPS!
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Sports - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html