This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: Core dumped just only with strcat!
- From: Kurt Roeckx <Q at ping dot be>
- To: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:14:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Core dumped just only with strcat!
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 12:45:35PM +0100, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> I've trying lots of things and after 1 day with it, I've achieved to work
> part of the code. What I did? I just declared my array before a MYSQL_RES
> variable. I had:
> MYSQL_RES * result;
> char petition;
This is basic C knowledge. Here petition is a local variable, so
it's not filled with '\0'. You either want to place a '\0' in
petition, or use strcpy() instead of strcat().
strcat() will add at the end of the string, and that might be
anywhere in memory since you didn't initialize the string and
just contains garbage.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html