Re: How to create a windows link in script?

> I would like to be able to create a .lnk file to a
> batch file (and ideally associate an icon with it)
> from a bash script on a Windows 2000 machine.

I've written a program that does just this. It's a
fully scriptable and can set icons. I'm
hoping to get it included in cygwin sometime, but
I'm waiting until the new setup.exe comes out to
bother developers with it. In the meantime, you can
get it at:

http://ns1.iocc.com/~joshua/mklink-0.1.tar.bz2

The archive is around 10K, source, (stripped) binary,
and some examples included. I'd also love some
feedback on possible improvements--or from anyone on
Win9x since I've got a setup like Randall's (Win2k,
NTFS, etc.) The MS docs say it the calls should work
on any windows, but you know...

I've not had any weird permission problems, though
figuring out whether folders on the Desktop exist only
for the current user or for all users can be tricky.