This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd makeing noisy shells
- From: "Bob George" <mailings01 at ttlexceeded dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:35:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: sshd makeing noisy shells
- References: <F70mo6fZOBTChQHNYON00004470@hotmail.com>
"Lucas Smith" <email@example.com> wrote:
> 2) when i log in from a linux (debian) box all is well and i
get access but
> then the strangness begins. what ever command i type the consol
> though it does complete the command. and if i type ls for
example i get
I had that as well when using ssh client from Linux. By default,
at the Linux console, your TERM environment variable is set to
"linux". That type doesn't seem to be handled properly in the
default Cygwin configuration. Try changing either $PS1 or
changing $TERM in /etc/profile on the Cygwin box, or your $TERM
setting on the Linux side.
Hope this helps!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html