This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No home directory on fresh setup
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:20:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: No home directory on fresh setup
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
Thursday, February 21, 2002, 2:50:36 PM, you wrote:
VJvd> A fresh installation of the latest cygwin results in no home directory. One
VJvd> enters in /usr/bin/<user>.
This problem is not new and it's already fixed in CVS sources. It's
specific to Win9x/ME installations only.
For more details: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-01/msg01903.html
If you intend to add new users (via mkpasswd) to your current
installation, have in mind that the mkpasswd program should be
passed the -p or --path-to-home option in order to add the
appropriate entry in /etc/passwd.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html