This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tar 1.13.19-1: extraction of a .tar.gz file with -xvz ends with "tar: Archive value 4178575360 is out of off_t range 0..2147483647"
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: Peter dot Frey at haufe dot de
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:24:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: tar 1.13.19-1: extraction of a .tar.gz file with -xvz ends with "tar: Archive value 4178575360 is out of off_t range 0..2147483647"
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <08231599A3E6E64CAE8FA66619243E4002FAA743@vg100cl1>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Thursday, February 21, 2002, 3:06:58 PM, you wrote:
PFhd> Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
PFhd> Delivered-To: email@example.com
PFhd> Received: (qmail 26332 invoked by alias); 21 Feb 2002 15:12:28 -0000
PFhd> Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
PFhd> Received: (qmail 26323 invoked by uid 8); 21 Feb 2002 15:12:28 -0000
PFhd> Received: from sources.redhat.com (184.108.40.206)
PFhd> by mail.syntrex.com with SMTP id smtpdnEigvq; Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:12:27 EST
PFhd> Received: (qmail 28453 invoked by alias); 21 Feb 2002 14:07:27 -0000
PFhd> I got a gzipped tar file that was created on a Solaris machine that contains
PFhd> the backup of a larger database.
PFhd> The file contains an item that is around 4 GBytes in size, the total size of
[ snip ]
PFhd> Or is it due to the lack of largefile support in the 1.3.6 version of
Right - cygwin doesnt support files larger than 2 gigs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html