This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tar 1.13.19-1: extraction of a .tar.gz file with -xvz ends w ith "tar: Archive value 4178575360 is out of off_t range 0..2147483647"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:25:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: tar 1.13.19-1: extraction of a .tar.gz file with -xvz ends w ith "tar: Archive value 4178575360 is out of off_t range 0..2147483647"
- References: <08231599A3E6E64CAE8FA66619243E4002FAA749@vg100cl1>
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:06:39PM +0100, Peter.Frey@haufe.de wrote:
> > Right - cygwin doesnt support files larger than 2 gigs.
> it would be nice to have this documented (at least in the FAQ)
> I couldnt find it there (I did search both for "largefile" and "tar").
> I am also told that the GNU version of tar is per default largefile aware
> does cygwin have a different implementation?
tar is largefile aware if the underlying system supports it.
In case of Cygwin, the underlying system doesn't support it.
We are working on adding 64bit file access but don't wait for it.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html