This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: grep-2.5g
- From: Jeff Mincy <mincy at rcn dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:27:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: grep-2.5g
- References: <20020222032629.GA17013@redhat.com>
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, email@example.com wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:09:50PM -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>Could we get grep to silently ignore directories? For example, if I
>>grep "asdf" * and there exists a directory called foo I see:
>>I see there is a -d option and I can say -d skip. I guess what I'm
>>asking for then is to have -d default to skip instead of read.
> Contact the grep developers. I'm sure you can find an appropriate mailing list
> here http://www.gnu.org/prep/mailinglists.html .
This request can be trivially handled with an alias in .bashrc.
alias grep="grep -d skip"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html