This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
SOTBOMT Re: dumb question: where is gcc?
- From: "Robert Praetorius" <RPraetorius at AspenRes dot Com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:46:48 -0500
- Subject: SOTBOMT Re: dumb question: where is gcc?
- Organization: Ministry of Hobo Regalia, Gauntlet Division
- References: <Pine.A41.firstname.lastname@example.org ton.edu>
- Reply-to: RPraetorius at AspenRes dot Com
[Semi Off Topic But On Meta Topic]
> It's worthwhile to make a check of the email archives too when looking
> for information like this. It's a far more complete resource than the
> FAQ, albeit more wordy and with some additional noise. ;-)
Gets me to thinking. . . I see lots of pointers to existing messages
that supply sought-after information.
It seems like some archived messages could be designated as answers.
Does anybody know of a (answer gardenesque? autoFAQish?) tool for
organizing and collecting answers? Automagically, or at least with low
overhead? Seems like the kind of thing somebody might already have
invented. . .*
The criterion would have to be that it would save more work for
people on the list than it would create.
*and if they haven't, how about getting MHonArc to recognize some kind
of flag indicating that a message is an answer (and what question it's
an answer to)? It wouldn't be the whole solution, but it'd be better
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html