This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
1.3.9: Bash and Telnet / Redirection / Here documents and Redirecting input problem
- From: "Olivier RONGIER" <orongier at netcourrier dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:11:15 +0100
- Subject: 1.3.9: Bash and Telnet / Redirection / Here documents and Redirecting input problem
- Reply-to: <orongier at netcourrier dot com>
I've got a problem with redirection in Cygwin.
Here is a script that doesn't work under bash or ash :
telnet mail 25 << EOT
MAIL FROM: <an_email>
RCPT TO: <my_email>
Subject: Test sending mail with telnet
Just a test
It's ok when I write this directly on a shell session (i.e without "<<
The script is ok on several Unix (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux) with several Shell.
I tried "telnet mail 25 < file_with_smtp_commands" but it doesn't work.
(idem with "cat file_with_smtp_commands | telnet mail 25")
Redirection is ok with "bc". For example, this script is working fine :
bc << EOT
I tried such redirection with "PLUS80.EXE" (Oracle SQL*Plus for windows) :
So here are my questions :
- can we use redirection with Windows executables?
- is it an Unix emulation problem, a shell problem, or a telnet problem?
- does a workaround exist?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html