This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: VIM in rxvt & syntax highlighting
- From: "Fergus Daly" <f dot daly at dundee dot ac dot uk>
- To: <alec314159 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: <f dot daly at dundee dot ac dot uk>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:30:31 -0000
- Subject: Re: VIM in rxvt & syntax highlighting
- Reply-to: "Fergus Daly" <f dot daly at dundee dot ac dot uk>
The recent installation of vim lacks the default startup file that earlier
vesions had. So: place in your home directory (/home/alec/ or whatever) a
file called .vimrc (note the dot) containing
or, to make it accessible to all users, put these lines in a file called
vimrc (no dot) in the /usr/share/vim/ directory.
Hope this helps.
(I don't know which lines cause the syntax hghlighting -- probably just
line -1? -- but the other lines seem to make vim work in the way I'm used
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html