RE: Setup.exe release-candidate

Yes. Firstly, there are plans to move functionality out of setup.exe
into packages where it can be more easily maintained. This includes
things like /etc/passwd creations, /etc/profile creation.. you get the
drift.

Secondly not all enhancements and extensions to setup.ini and the
package format will be backwards compatible. Given that this is a
volunteer operation, I can *guarantee* that we won't be jumping through
hoops to retain backwards compatability. We will likely have staggered
changes - i.e. introduce the capability a revision before the change
occurs - but that won't help you...

If you are able to run gdb, you are able to help me debug this though.
So, if you'd like to be able to move with the rest of us....

Rob