Re: terminal is not fully functional ***Rootdir problems***

| > Where is your 'homedrive'?
|
| >From the output of set:
| HOME=/cygdrive/c
| HOMEDRIVE=C:
| HOMEPATH='\'
| HOSTNAME=DIJONG

Try to set HOME so it points to the place you want to have 'home'.

Maybe you also need HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH set too, but I only think
HOME.

If you unset HOME, I think most cygwin stuff would go for the path in
/etc/passwd

[...]
| > Hmm do a echo $TERM and see what it says..
|
| *** Here is something intereseting:
|
| Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
| $ echo $TERM
| nutc

Bingo, Rational probably sets the TERM environment variable in the
global environment, either change it in your cygwin.bat (or wherever
you fire up cygwin toold from) or remove the Rational settings.

The problem is that when firing up bash, cygwin notices that TERM is
already set, and therefore defaults to that instead of 'cygwin' as it
wants. unset it in the batch file also..

You might need to finger with TERMCAP and TERMINFO, should be enuff
unsetting them in the batch-file.

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!