Re: terminal is not fully functional

 Robert,

Montag, 18. März 2002 16:53:54, du schriebst:

> start button |
>  settings |
>  control panel |
>  passwords and users |
>  clicked on my id |
>  properties |
>  changed my username from "Robert Mark Bram" to "RobertMarkBram".

Hmmm, Windows is a little picky about changes...

> I noticed that when I rebooted and started up Cygwin, it still put me in a
> home directory of /Robert Mark Bram.

Have you regenerated your /etc/passwd file?

> Now when I run Cygwin it is putting me in a directory "/cygdrive/c" and some
> of my commands are not working. For example:
> Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
> $ pwd
> /cygdrive/c

That is because this is your HOMEPATH setting somewhere in windows.
Try adding s.th. like this to /etc/profile:
unset HOME
unset HOMEPATH
at the beginning after the PATH declaration.

> Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
> $ man ls | less
> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
> -  (press RETURN)

Hmmm.  No idea.
Move all your stuff from /home/Robert Mark Bram
to /home/RobertMarkBram, regenerate /etc/passwd:
$ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
or
$ mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd

Gerrit
--
$ make signature
make: *** No rule to make target `signature'.  Stop.