Where are locatedb,updatedb?

Hi!
    I'm a new Cygwin user. I started downloading
1
week ago. I'm very pleased with it and would like
expand it.
    I've been searching all over for the missing
'locate' facilities in 'findutils' (ie locatedb,
updatedb). What are experienced users doing? (the
find command is slow & uses excessive disc access for
large searches doesn't it?). Looking forward to more
contact with this community !
            Muhammad Isa      (Worcs. UK)