Re: can not start cygwin.

Hi Dave,

>     I'm not sure how this happened but somehow the extension .bat got
> removed from my 2k file associations table. I've remade the .bat file
> extension and told it to open with c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe however
cygwin
> is still not starting. Does anyone have an idea as to what i missed?

Yep, batch files are probably still broken - they're not simply associated
with cmd.exe.  Try TweakUI 2000 (an unsupported download somewhere
on the Microsoft site - you'll have to search for it).  This has an option
repair your file associations back to the MS defaults. Or possibly try
setting
the open command for batch files to "%1" (WITH the quotes).

Kind regards,

Jon Foster
--
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at
the ground and miss." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

E-mail: jon@jon-foster.co.uk
web: http://www.jon-foster.co.uk/