Re: Descriptor passing between process

I'm working on a way to pass file descriptors between processes.

I've already got it functioning by using writes to pass the
file handle (using get_osfhandle) and the current processId using
GetCurrentProcessId

the receiving side then calls Duplicate Handle to create the handle.  Then
I do a cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd to convert it to a file descriptor.
Unfortunately I need to know what kind of handle it is before I can call
this.

Is there a way to get the type of a file descriptor at runtime (like
"/dev/piper" etc.)  If there is my problem is solved and I can send you
guys the code I wrote.

Thanks,
David