Re: missing cygitcl30.dll

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 18:09, jpl@ee.adfa.edu.au wrote:
> One of my users gets an error message complaing that this DLL file is
> missing on his Win2000 machine.

I get such a message every time I start win2k.  It's a remnant from one of
the well known viruses, which is trying to start tcl, but fortunately not
choosing the proper path environment.  I haven't been able to find where this
virus runs from.  McAfee found several file associated with that virus, but
not the one which is attempting to run tcl.  You don't want to put the .dll
where the virus can find it.
> The file should be located under C:\cygwin\bin, but the setup log
> indicates it was never installed.
>
> Can someone please e-mail me a copy of this file, or point me to a site
> where I can download it (it doesn't appear to be on www.cygwin.com).

Surely it's included in an obvious cygwin place, like the tcl distribution,
or dejagnu.  My dejagnu runs reasonably well, although I haven't figured out
how David Billinghurst was able to bring his up to date.

--
Tim Prince