Re: teTeX (tetex-beta-20001218) out-of-box problems

Hi,

is it the test version or the current one ?

Please note that the tetex-beta does not provide a TeX Directory
Structure:
see texmf package to get one.

Thanks,
Jerome

Alex Stark wrote:

> I'm having problems simply installing cygwin and trying to get teTeX to
> configure. (eg cygwin 1.3.6)
>
> *) I have followed the README files and Quick install files.
> *) It wasn't amazingly obvious to me that I needed to go down a deep
> tree to find .cnf.frozen files and copy them to .cnf files.
> *) config.ps was missing, but I can't find instructions on how to
> create for the standard setup (600dpi pdf output).
> *) Even then, texconfig barfs as soon as it tries to
> find "language.dat".  This is beyond my (once extensive) knowledge of
> TeX.
>
> Bottom line - I'd recommend a maintainer start from a scratch cygwin,
> and check that there are idiot instructions for each step.  Note that
> the above difficulties would go away with in-place upgrades, since they
> all result from missing files.
>
> Yes - I realize that extensive study of the teTeX docs would yield the
> answers, but (a) the quick guides are made to look complete, (b) it's
> not that hard, and (c) it's very difficult to identify the relevant doc
> and the relevant information therein.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex Stark.
>
> --

  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    Jerome BENOIT, Ph.D.    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤
  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤