Re: Re[2]: Frequent crashes in 2.194.2.22 setup.exe

    Pavel> Are you sure that you're using 2.194.2.22 ?

Yes, that's what it says on the splash screen.

    Pavel> Setup.Exe causes Application Error at 0x78001750
    Pavel> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-03/msg01135.html

    Pavel> Does this seem to be what your are currently experiencing ?

The behavior they describe is slightly different than what I'm seeing
-- in my case, the crash happens after I've done precisely these
steps:

* start setup.exe

* click the "Next" button six times in a row

The last message I see from setup, before it crashes, is "downloading
setup.ini".

But the bug you referred to above happens earlier: the last thing he
reports seeing is

        Downloading...
        mirrors.lst
        0% (0k/4k) 0.0 kb/s

In other words, he appears to have clicked the "Next" button only
*five* times, not six.

I own a copy of Visual Studio 6, and am willing to install it, if
that's of any use.  And I may have (I'm not sure) a complete Cygwin
development environment already installed ... if not, then if you can
point me to an older copy of setup.exe (one that will work for me) I
could download the complete environment, then presumably I could help
you debug this.  Note that I've never done development under Cygwin,
so I'm semi-clueless.

--
PGP Fingerprint: 3E7B A3F3 96CA 8958 ACC5  C8BD 6337 0041 C01C 5276