Probs installing sshd on NT 4 Enterprise Server

I have an NT 4 Enterprise Server, Service Pack 6, 128-bit, IE 6, fully
patched, acting as the primary domain controller, and just installed
Cygwin for sshd capability.

I tried to follow Tom Erdely's instructions per
http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.asp.  His fixperms scripts looks
decent, but I won't run them on the domain controller since I'm not a
programmer and don't know exactly what his script does well enough.

ssh-host-config -y works pretty well, but does complain of permission
problems (access denied) for the /etc/ssh_config and /etc/sshd_config
files.

When I then try a cygrunsrv -S sshd or manually try to run the daemon from
the Services control panel, I get the error window:

Services <title of window>

Could not start the Cygwin SSH service on \\my-server.

Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occured.

Any ideas?

Permissions?

Cygwin is a fresh download from today's www.cygwin.com/setup.exe file and
http://www.rcn.net mirror location.

Also, where can I find top and uptime?  None of the packages seem to
include it.

Thanks.

Scott