Re: fetchmail-5.9.11-2 now uploaded (was: Re: fetchmail still corruptsfiles ?)

Gerrit,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 06:09:02PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> I would be pleased to hear if it works on W2K without corrupting
> binary attachments (or was it even corrupting text attachments?).

Initially, I thought that it had to do with binary attachments.
After reading the fetchmail code, I feel relatively sure that any aspect
of the mail can get corrupted because the routine that I patched is very
low level. In fact, it is the routine that reads characters off of the
socket connected to the mail server.

I think that the probability of corruption is higher with larger
messages which may explain why I first noticed the problem with a
message that contained a binary attachment.

Jason