Re: cygwin mentors? Was: bash and the suid bit

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 07:19:09AM -0700, Richard Troy wrote:
> >   It requires a person with
> > a lot of time, actually...
>
>  And, I have been wondering how I might
> contribute too, being as over- worked and as busy as I am.

Contribution is something you're doing voluntarily and just
as far as you're able to.  We all have daytime jobs which
take more or less time.  If there's energy left a few minutes
a day... go ahead and contribute.

> Anyone want to be a mentor?

Why is it so difficult to get into Cygwin?  Take the sources
try to compile and then change what you think should be changed.
Small changes first, big changes later.  And don't be offended if
a change is rejected.  That's how it worked for me back in 1998
and that's how it works today.

Oh, and take a look onto http://cygwin.com/contrib.html.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.