RE: cygwin mentors? Was: bash and the suid bit

Hi Richard, a short answer pretty busy, hopes its enough to get you
started...

> Tell me about it, Justin!
> No, Nobody mentioned that!
> How does it work? Is it part of the OS or an add-on?

It's a Win2000 native service , look in services
Description : "Enables starting processes under alternate credentials"

Nearest thing to  sudo (ala Linux) I know of

> Also, can it be ported/made to work on NT?

Might need to use the  CreateProcessWithLogonW
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/appsec.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/pro
thred_2gl3.asp

> If it only works on W2000, it might not be good enough for my needs...

Only works on Win2000 AFAIK , although might in XP etc.

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q294676&;

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/windows_security_runas.h
tm

Actually one of those articles mentions XP so.....