Re: Problems linking program

Larry,

What I am trying to do is guild a library for working with images called GD.
It is for dynamically creating images, and I got it from:
http://www.boutell.com/gd/

The libraries and order that I am using is:
LIBS=-lfreetype -lgd -lz -ljpeg -lpng -lcygwin

I have resolved most of the issues now, but now I seem to be getting an
error about a DLL linkage?

Here is the cygwin1.dll that I am using.
where cygwin1.dll
D:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll

Here is the current error that I am getting.

/source/gd-2.0.1 >make install
MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
         rm -f libgd.so.2.0.0 2>/dev/null
         ld -shared -o libgd.so.2.0.0 gd.o gd_gd.o gd_gd2.o gd_io.o gd_io_dp.o
gd_io_file.o gd_ss.o gd_io_ss.o gd_png.o gd_jpeg.o gdxpm.o   gdfontt.o
gdfonts.o
  gdfontmb.o gdfontl.o gdfontg.o   gdtables.o gdft.o gdcache.o gdkanji.o wbmp.o
  gd_wbmp.o gdhelpers.o gd_topal.o -lfreetype -lgd -lz -ljpeg -lpng -lcygwin
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(_cygwin_crt0_common.o)(.text+0xe6): undefined reference to
`GetModuleHandleA@4'

** error 1 ** deleting libgd.so.2.0.0

Thanks,

Matt

>I'm not sure I can explain what you should be looking for, since I'm not
>sure I understand what you're doing.  As I stated before, as near as I can
>tell you're working with old Cygwin source (for some reason) and possibly
>trying to build the GNU C library.  The former seems unnecessary at best and
>the latter is a major undertaking at least.  But to your specific query,
>libc.a and libg.a are simple symbolic links to libcygwin.a.  libcygwin.a
>is the import library for the Cygwin DLL, which has all the C library
>routines for the Cygwin environment.  Building with gcc/g++ as provided by
>Cygwin automatically includes libcygwin.a.  If your symbols aren't resolving
>but they are in this library, I'm going to guess that there is a library
>ordering problem but that's a shot in the dark (and not a very good one I
>bet) given that I don't understand what you're trying to do and the details
>of how you're doing it.

"Pinky, you've left the lens cap of your mind on again." - The Brain

Preferred Resources          (314) 567-7600 phone
701 Emerson rd.              (314) 993-6699 fax
Suite 475                      mminnis@prefres.com
St. Louis, MO
63141