Re: cygwin and network communication:

At 11:56 AM 4/26/2002, aldi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have downleaded and installed the cygwin in my PC. I can see my newtwork, and on the mounted drives I can enter in.
>My mounted drives are central servers, Unix in Solaris, Linux etc.
>I want to use from my PC their tools for my work. example: I use xemacs or emacs from my pC by the way of X-windows.
>
>When I try it from cygwin it says  bash: emacs: command not found.
>Any suggestions?

You can't use Solaris or Linux tools under Cygwin.  You must use the
Cygwin versions.  See http://cygwin.com/packages/ for the list of available
tools under Cygwin.  Check www.xemacs.org for a Cygwin version of XEmacs.
Also check the email list archives for information on other packages that
may be available but not from the Cygwin site.