RE: setup 2.194.2.24: Bug (?) in downloading from internet

The *redownloading* is a bug, and will get fixed. The 'I want to mirror
non-installed packages by using download' is not.

> The bottom line is that if we have to tell someone to use
> wget or rsync just to do a normal install, something is wrong.

These folk aren't doing a normal install. They want to use download
mode, and then *not* install what was downloaded.
A 'normal' install - download and install - works fine, no problems.

> It seems like this problem would be trivially fixed by not
> attempting to redownload something that has already been downloaded.

I've also expressed this opinion. But... redownloading is a current
'feature'. It's one I don't think we need, and that we can get rid of -
which will correct the problem.

A reference for this is
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-11/msg00271.html.

Rob