Re: CYGWIN ...what next ??

On 1 May 2002, Patrick Quinnett spoke unto us wif:

> I believe I have done everything that I was directed to via the
> installation of CYGWIN onto my Windows2000 PC.  I downloaded the
> setup.exe and then executed it.  I now have a Windows directory
> structure that has a whole bunch of sub directories and bz2 files
> in them.  I cannot find an executable to start CYGWIN and cannot
> find a way to un-bz2 all the files in the subs.
>
> Please just point me in the right direction...
> thanks

I take by that that you have choosen to download all the files to you
local machine using the setup.exe?

In htat case just run the setup.exe again and choose to install from local
directory.
choose the directory where the files and the setup.ini is and follow the
prompts..easy :-)

One done that will then (providing you enabled the option at the end of
the setup) to create a desktop/start menu entry for cygwin, just click it
and then you will enter a real operating sytem ;-)

Hope that helps

Mark
--
----