Re: Circular symlinks in terminfo-5.2-2.tar.bz2

Rick Rankin wrote:

> When I compiled the source *with* ncurses, less worked perfectly with
> TERM=nxterm. Is there a reason that the Cygwin binary was compiled without
> ncurses (e.g., minimize package dependencies)?

That's probably the reason.  If it doesn't use ncurses, then it probably
uses termcap.  So, you can extract the nxterm stuff from the terminfo
database and convert it to termcap format using (I think) 'tic -c'.
Then, just paste that termcap fragment to the end of your /etc/termcap file.

--Chuck