RE: setup.exe 2.218.2.8/9 broken

This is because setup cannot tell the difference. Can it be taught to
tell the difference? Possibly, but I won't be doing the teaching.

>      This can be doubly confusing because a user can run setup.exe
> successfully for a long time, and then find that it stops
> working due to
> mysterious parsing errors because s/he has installed some
> other package
> ("I'm keeping all of my installations in a single, separate directory
> tree").

I keep all mine in a single separate directory tree too. This
functionality will never go away. It's keeping setup's 'local package
dir' at a logical node in the tree rather than a leaf that is the
problem.

>      So, even if we add the text you suggested telling the user about
> the rules for 'Local Package Directory', setup.exe should report the
> error better (i.e., not reuse the error processing method of different
> kind of error) when the user doesn't follow the rules.

It's the same sort of error to setup. I'll accept a patch that can
-accurately- differentiate between the problems. Don't diff against the
distributed source, diff against CVS for this please, as the HEAD parser
is somewhat...different.

Rob