RE: Setup as recommended reading

Yes. In fact both rpm and have been -partially- ported to cygwin. AFAIK
neither has been converted to deal with in-use-file-replacements, which
is a required capability to be a cygwin-linked installer (for somewhat
obvious reasons).

> Be that as it may, it will still be much time before this is
> implimented, IF it is implemented.  So let Rob actually
> perfect what he has before asking for heaps of new features.
> IMHO, setup seems to be working nicely for the most part,
> minus a few bugs here and there.  I honestly think there are
> more critical issues to focus on then the "fluff" of UI, such
> as getting a fast, stable SysV IPC system integrated into
> cygwin and releasing an updated binutils with better dynamic
> library capabilities.
> Feel free to disagree....

The installer is fairly complete. Howeever I really want to make it easy
for maintainers, so allowing the use of the debian build tools, or the
rpm build tools is a high priority. Otherwise the maintainers here will,
by necessity, end up inventing the wheel.
Rob