Re: Building cygwin1.dll

At 07:02 PM 5/28/2002, rich-paul@rich-paul.net wrote:
>I meant that what I have built, I did not install through
>setup.exe ...

Ah-ha!  You're the one!  We can't allow this subversion!  You will be
forever banished!! ;-)

I'd hope that anyone who's capable enough to build Cygwin from source
would also be capable enough to handle basic configuration issues that
setup helps to automate.  I think people can use their best judgement
about asking questions in this regard.  But I'd be surprised to see
any thoughtful question about building Cygwin shot-down based on the
premise that it's off-topic because setup hasn't been used.  I think
the person involved here has a different goal than those who are just
looking to install Cygwin.  This list can accommodate both of these
"types" IMO.