Re: The road to 1.3.11 -- please try the latest snapshot

Generally, the latest releases have been fine for me (CVS HEAD on a w2k
box). I'm running the latest beta of XEmacs compiled under cygwin as well as
various other tools for daily use.

The only strangeness I've noticed has been in opening /proc with dired in
XEmacs. In the current (as this email) CVS HEAD version of cygwin, XEmacs
shows all the entries in /proc but gives me the error "No file on this line"
if I try to open any of them. If I explicitly visit (via C-x C-f) one of the
files in /proc, /proc/uptime for example, it opens but I get an empty file.
Also the /proc/registry part can be navigated by trying to explicitly visit
files in it but again these are always empty.

All these things work fine for me using standard utilities from within the
shell.

I could try and do some tracing if that would help.

// Conrad