Re: copy registry settings win98->xp all->user

At 10:45 AM 6/6/2002, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com> writes:
>
>> mount points are persistent.  That's why you can find them in the registry.
>> You simply need to create the mount points you want once.  After that, they
>> will persist on the system for which they were created until you remove them.
>
>That's good. It means I only need a "setup" script.
>
>Where in the registry: user registry, or system registry?
>
>I seems that the system registry is the logical place for that, but I can't
>write there. Is there a way to explicitly select this?
>
>Thanks

% mount --help
Usage: mount [OPTION] [<win32path> <posixpath>]
  -b, --binary                  text files are equivalent to binary files
                                (newline = \n)
  -c, --change-cygdrive-prefix  change the cygdrive path prefix to <posixpath>
  -f, --force                   force mount, don't warn about missing mount
                                point directories
  -i, --import-old-mounts copy  old registry mount table mounts into the current

                                mount areas
  -p, --show-cygdrive-prefix    show user and/or system cygdrive path prefix
  -s, --system                  add mount point to system-wide registry location

  -t, --text       (default)    text files get \r\n line endings
  -u, --user       (default)    add mount point to user registry location
  -x, --executable              treat all files under mount point as executables

  -X, --cygwin-executable       treat all files under mount point as cygwin
                                executables
  -m, --mount-commands          write mount commands to replace user and
                                system mount points and cygdrive prefixes