RE: Need help in umounting the auto mounted mount points

I expected it to be mentioned already, but since it hasn't, here goes:

The old method, "//c/usr/bin", is incompatible with UNC (Universal Naming
Convention?) names like "//Host/share/dir/file".  That is, if the string
starts with //, it's supposed to be followed by a machine name, and a share
name.  If "/cygdrive/x" is too long for you, set up links, e.g.:
ln -s /cygdrive/x /X
or change the prefix to /drv or something.

I tried changing the prefix, but found it less convenient than using links.
There are too many scripts already written that assume /cygdrive/x exists.