Re: How to simplify cygwin+perl application deployment

Yung-Kao schrieb:

> Expat & XML::Parser alone costed me a few hours after some patches :-(

I'm on the way contributing expat right now.  With my binary of expat
XML::Parser builds OOTB without errors?

Soon I will load up a second 'release' of expat-1.95.3.

http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/expat/
watch out for expat-1.95.3-2-src.tar.bz2 and expat-1.95.3-2.tar.bz2

> My question is whether it is possible to archive one such installation
> and unpack it in another machine? If so, what are the issues that we
> need to be aware of? Thank for any input.

Sure, you can build as many modules as you need and make a package of
perl including all the modules.  Should be also no problem to bundle
single modules for individual setup.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=