Re: How to customise colours in Cygwin bash

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:59:46 +0100 Garry Heaton <garry@heaton6.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I found 'dircolors.exe' but it's compiled so, unless I become a C
> programmer or whatever, I've no chance of editing it. How come this file
> is compiled on Cygwin but is a text config file on Linux?
>
> Michael A Chase wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:47:14 +0100 Garry Heaton
> <garry@heaton6.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >>As Cygwin bash comes with no .bashrc or /etc/DIR_COLORS, as in Linux,
> >>how do I customise the colours?
> >
> > info bash
> > info dircolor

If you _read_ the output of 'info dircolors' you  will see that you can give
it a file argument to change the ls output colors.  You can also set
LS_COLORS directly.  An example file is available if you run 'dircolors -p'
(as mentioned in the 'info dircolors' or 'dircolors --help' output).

Please keep this discussion on the list, I am not the sole source of all
wisdom.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html