inetd ports hang when overused(?)

Hi,

(1.3.10,  win2k)
I am having a problem where I wrote an app that is called through inetd (on
port 1818) and when It is seeing a lot of traffic,  it will occasionally
become partially non- responsive.  All other ports are still fine but 1818
is hung (at least it seems to connect,  but not hook into the app).  If I
rlogin in and net stop and start inetd,  all is then fine.  Is this a known
issue?  I have noticed the same thing on other ports on earlier and the same
version of cygwin.  Specifically,  since I use rsh (rlogin) quite a bit,  I
have on occasionally seen  (example from another machine):

dobrin@THEODOLITE:/home/dobrin> rsh pronto
pronto% ls
pronto% pwd
pronto% exit
pronto% rlogin: connection closed.
dobrin@THEODOLITE:/home/dobrin>
dobrin@THEODOLITE:/home/dobrin> telnet pronto
Trying 172.18.5.130...
Connected to pronto.spimageworks.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

CYGWIN_NT-4.0 1.1.8(0.34/3/2) (pronto) (tty0)

login: dobrin
Password:
dobrin@PRONTO:/home/dobrin> net stop inetd
dobrin@PRONTO:/home/dobrin> net start inetd