Re: C++ Exceptions in Multithreaded Applications Crash

Right.  2.95.3-5 is not compiled to use multiple threads.  3.1.1 will
be.  A new 3.1.* version of gcc should be available for testing soon.
Could this be why I never could get ZooLib to work when built with gcc in Cygwin?

ZooLib is a multithreaded C++ cross-platform application framework.

http://zoolib.sourceforge.net/

I could get it to build, and display a window, but it would always lock up, and I never could figure out why. I always suspected it was a threading problem, but that's as far as I got.

Note that I wasn't linking against the cygwin dll; I was trying to build it as a Win32 application, not an X11 one.

It works fine when built with gcc on Linux or BeOS, and when built with Metrowerks CodeWarrior on Windows.

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com/