This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup query
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: Chris Game <chrisgame at bigfoot dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:21:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup query
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sunday 30 Jun 02, Chris Game writes:
> In an earlier post, Nicholas Wourms said...
> > Chris,
> > Obviously you have not fully familiarized yourself with the Cygwin User's
> > guide nor the FAQ. Please refer to:
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html
> > http://cygwin.com/faq/
> > ...
> Well if anyone's not familiar with those pages, I don't think it's
> me! Actually I read that stuff thoroughly a couple of years ago when
> I think the setup routine was a bit different. Checking the docs you
> pointed me to again just shows the advice 'follow the instructions on
> screen' or words to that effect, which doesn't answer my (quite
> reasonable I thought) original query.
> Do you have an idea what this choice actually does in terms of files
> downloaded and changes made to the installation?
The setup part of the FAQ is overdue to be updated and I'll add
something about this then.
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)
(not *meaning* to be on hiatus...)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html