This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: i got IMAP but know what?
- From: Raphael <raphael at oninet dot pt>
- To: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk>
- Cc: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:12:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: i got IMAP but know what?
On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> sorry, i dont know what RTFM means
Read The Fine Manual.
> but all of my system files have been
> cleaned up... 'Set them in /etc/passwd' there on the system, do i have to
> edit my passwd file? I thought to look at the unix-home page of wu-imap so i
> know there's no config file but this eas precompiled so i can'y edit the
> source code to change the location of mail etc...
The README.imap-cygwin.txt file in the archive is clear about this:
(2) Note that unlike some other Cygwin deamons (e.g. telnetd), imapd
DOES use the password field in /etc/passwd to do its authentication.
Use Cygwin's /bin/crypt and ensure that these fields are properly
filled out for each active user.
One question for you now. Could you please drop the disclaimer it eats a
lot of peoples resourses and please do not answer above the quote. Oops
thats two questions :-)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html