This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Latex installation problem
- From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu dot org>
- To: Dennis Allison <allison at sumeru dot stanford dot edu>
- Cc: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:06:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Latex installation problem
- Organization: Jan at Appel
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU>
Dennis Allison <email@example.com> writes:
> Thanks to your comments I have gotten tex/lates working. I had some sort
> of garbled download which confused the automatic selection mechanism. I
> can now get things to work properly. The lost dll for ghostscript has
> been found and fixed by reinstallation there too.
Ok, good to hear.
> I note that the logs for my builds generate
> lstat(./mf) not found
> lstat(./latex) not found
> messages. Moreover, I end up with dvinnn directorys in my working
> directory. Any thoughts and pointers to what may be causing these
> problems would be appreciated. My guess is that there is a small
> problem with the configuration such that some dynamic link is not
Hmm. This may have something to do with write access. If you have a
'real-operating-system' version of Windows (nt family), that disallows
you write access under /cygwin or /cygwin/usr, you may try fixing
permissions or installing/running as Administrator, if you dare, and
see if that helps.
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <firstname.lastname@example.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien | http://www.lilypond.org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html