This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CONTRIB: missing search.h src's
- From: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at yahoo dot com>
- To: Conrad Scott <Conrad dot Scott at dsl dot pipex dot com>, Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: CONTRIB: missing search.h src's
--- Conrad Scott <Conrad.Scott@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Well, I can see several reasons why not, e.g. Chris's observation
> about the size of the DLL, but it seems a shame to have the code
> sitting there and not available.
You are totally correct! Who cares about the size of the Cygwin dll? A
1mb dll is *nothing* compared to dll's you see nowadays. I think worring
about the size of the dll vs implimenting features is rather silly given
the prices of memory and the average cpu power. That being said, lets not
overlap functions that are being performed by external libraries.
> As for synchronicity: powerful stuff!
Indeed it is!
Do You Yahoo!?
Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html