This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash 2.05a and cygwin.bat: Why does not bash read .bashrc at startup now?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:39:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: bash 2.05a and cygwin.bat: Why does not bash read .bashrc at startup now?
- References: <000f01c2226a$40adb980$8089fea9@ael>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:14:53PM +0400, Alexei Lioubimov wrote:
> What had happened with bash?
> Before "bash --login -i" considers itself to be interactive login shell and
> reads etc/profile, ~/.bash_profile, and ~/.bashrc. But version 2.05a doesn't
> want to read ~/.bashrc, instead it requires me to include
> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
> . ~/.bashrc
> in my ~/.bash_profile.
> Is this the correct behaviour of bash, or something is wrong in my cygwin
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html