This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Cygwin] SUBJECT ....
- From: ht at cogsci dot ed dot ac dot uk (Henry S. Thompson)
- To: Dennis Allison <allison at sumeru dot stanford dot EDU>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 03 Jul 2002 12:41:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Cygwin] SUBJECT ....
- References: <200207030304.UAA04295@sumeru.stanford.EDU>
Dennis Allison <firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU> writes:
> For a high volume list like this, it's useful to have the subject
> header tagged so dumb mail filtering can be used. Any chance we can
> get the mailing list admin to arrange it to be added?
No thank you -- I already route on 'To', which works just fine, don't
clutter up the Subject line with information already present in
another header field, please.
Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of Edinburgh
W3C Fellow 1999--2002, part-time member of W3C Team
2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: email@example.com
[mail really from me _always_ has this .sig -- mail without it is forged spam]
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html