This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cd-ing into a directory with the executable bits succeeds
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:10:45 +0200
- Subject: cd-ing into a directory with the executable bits succeeds
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I have looked into this (just a quick look) and there aren't any
checks in chdir (). Is the call to SetCurrentDirectory supposed to do
the neccessary checks ? If so, maybe, the directory doesn't have the
proper access right assigned to it. Is there a special right for enabling
cd-ing into dirs on WinNT ?!
The directory has the following bits set:
drw------- 38 paveltz Nessuno 0 Jul 3 16:36 src
I have 'ntsec' on and I am running XP Home.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html