This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.12-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:27:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.12-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Note that we do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update. You might have to wait as much
as 24 hours to find a mirror with the updated version of cygwin on it.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org . I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place. This includes ideas and comments about the
setup utility or Cygwin in general.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
I implore you to READ this information before sending email about how
you "tried everything" to unsubscribe. In 100% of the cases where
people were unable to unsubscribe, the problem was that they hadn't
actually read and comprehended the unsubscribe instructions.
If you need to unsubscribe from cygwin-announce or any other mailing
list, reading the instructions at the above URL is guaranteed to
provide you with the info that you need.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.11-3:
- Fix slow startup times. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix problems with non-cygwin processes calling cygwin processes.
- New include file sys/statfs. (Christopher Faylor)
- Avoid clobbering CYGWIN environment variable when "export" is specified.
- mmap fixes. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix problem with stuff like "ls /cygdrive/c". (Christopher Faylor)
- Correctly set __progname to only base of application name. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix xterm setuid problem. (Pierre Humblet)
- Many /proc fixes. (Christopher January)
- Set HOME to / as last resort when no other info is available. (Corinna Vinschen,
- Fix binmode/textmode problems with ssh and other programs which use pipes.
- Fix error output for various errors. (Christopher Faylor)
- Allow signals to interrupt blocking accept calls. (Thomas Pfaff)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html